Home > Windows 7 > Svchost.exe - Is 13 Instances Running At Once Normal?
Svchost.exe - Is 13 Instances Running At Once Normal?
In Windows 7, there are usually three or four top-level processes. I get alerts to let SvcHost.exe connect to the indernet, i say yes and a "Red Zone" alert comes up asking me to alowa program that may track what i do December 3, 2009 chris avg says this is a trojan horse… dumb ass AVG not as bad a mcafee tho lol December 4, 2009 chrisma THANK YOU for the information! Enter your email address:Privacy and detailsActivityPopularLatestComments Offline install of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 using DISM October 10, 2014 Get Windows 7 games for Windows 10 October 13, 2014 How navigate here
More about Leo. Good Stuff May 11, 2009 Boogers Thanks Geek! If you don't find your answer, head out to http://askleo.com/ask to ask your question. I use XP Home Edition. https://forums.techguy.org/threads/svchost-exe-is-13-instances-running-at-once-normal.622266/
How Many Svchost.exe Should Be Running On Windows 7
they're probably attempting to exploit a vulnerability in Windows (that's since been patched as well). August 25, 2008 KamakaZ Done well, thanks for the article! I use XP Home Edition. Leo theresa darius March 9, 2004 10:39 AM i cant seem to get rid of my popups, i have used ad-ware 6.0 and spybot but these pop-ups keep coming back...sometimes 60
- You can copy it over from an XP Pro system, if you have access to one.
- In fact, you'll find them mentioned in several of my articles, and on my recommendations page.
- Leo diz_jays March 27, 2004 2:56 AM my sygate peronal pro firewall tipes that it is a critical problem and blocks incomming messages to svchost.exe.
- Maybe I'm missing something here but when my firewall pops up asking me to allow svchost.exe because I just opened adobe reader or some other program how am I supposed to
- Second, tighten up your browser's security settings.
- Option two: Command line trickOpen a command prompt window and type the following:tasklist /svcIt will list all instances of the svchost process with related services.
- January 25, 2008 Braintrove.com Great article.
- For instance, one svchost.exe instance runs the 3 services related to the firewall.
- When running, the malware looks like "just another svchost" unless examined more closely. (The correct location is in Windows\System32.) Similar sounding names and typos have also been fairly common. "svhost.exe" and
- Ahmed how to undo these changes plz?CategoriesAndroidArticlesC#Classic ShellCursorsDropboxEmailFirefoxGiveawayGoogleGoogle ChromeHardwareInternet ExplorerLinuxMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft SurfaceOperaScripts and tweaksSkyDriveSkypeSoftwareTelegramThunderbirdUncategorizedVivaldiWallpapersWinaero TweakerWindowsWindows 10Windows 7Windows 7 ThemesWindows 8Windows 8 ThemesWindows 8.1Windows 9Windows AccessoriesWindows BlueWindows File ExplorerWindows soundsWindows ThemepacksWordpressYoutubeTags3D Abstract
For anybody that is having the same issues your solution could be in this thread. After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review. If you're running XP or Win2k you should disable the Windows Messenger Service (not the IM client, but the service.) I talk about that one in this article: http://ask-leo.com/archives/000017.html Good luck! Svchost.exe High Cpu Usage Can I fix the problem????
Good luck! Too Many Processes Running Windows 10 January 14, 2009 sawmaster I have six svchosts running in my task manager, but they all seem to run from different locations. Thank you for all that you do. navigate to this website So how so I clean this process out?
And I will go to viper to figure which processes I could rid. Svchost.exe Virus Sweet!! Something is causing SYSTEM PROCESS to commandeer the CPU. Simple and very clearly articulated.
Too Many Processes Running Windows 10
please provide exact doc for xp. It's typically OK to delete *the quarantined file* (NOT the *real* file). How Many Svchost.exe Should Be Running On Windows 7 April 10, 2008 JUSTIN thanks to whoever wrote this article… it helped me gain a lot of info bout svchost…. Too Many Svchost Exe Running Windows 7 August 23, 2009 Cjreef Thank you very much for giving us your time and effort.
August 26, 2008 Laxman One of the most impressive articles I have ever come across. check over here It is Svchost. That would help with making sure the mistakes are kept to a small minimum… Much thanks! Thanks! Svchost.exe Memory
i used to have to stop the svchost process but i investigated using process explorer and found out that 99% of the cpu was taken up by svc host - the January 24, 2008 k.s.reddy Excellent information on svchost.exe. Task Manager is retarded however, and you're not going to know which service it is by just looking at Task Manager. http://fmcproducts.net/windows-7/stop-running-processes.php KO April 30, 2008 Adi Great article.
this was about 5 days ago. Svchost.exe (netsvcs) Windows 7 Help Forums Windows 7 help and support Performance & Maintenance » User Name Remember Me? Follow him on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Multiple instances of Svchost.exe can run at the same time.
January 30, 2008 Teen tasklist /SVC | more show all list February 1, 2008 Pradeep Great article February 2, 2008 coolsak awesome. this is perfectly normal behaviour, and nothing to worry about. or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site. Host Process For Windows Services High Cpu Keep up the good WORK!!!!!
Please could [...] Sergey Tkachenko Great. Any help/advice appreciated. I'll appreciate your help. http://fmcproducts.net/windows-7/system-freezes-while-running-recovery.php Windows is how it is - period!
August 23, 2009 sanat Thank you very much for useful info! Okay so I researched on the internet for possible solutions, msconfig to disable unwanted programs done, run full scan malwarebytes and mse done, nothing found.. So for 1 and 8, use 9 :) Sergey Tkachenko AFAIK It is one time action Bob Thanks for the review of this app, very clear and easy to follow. Keep up the good work June 8, 2008 Bill Snow On Jan 25th this was posted: Peter Thank you so much for this awesome guide.